The cop shakes his head as he looks at you in the rearview mirror, “you can never run from the law.  Not for very long, anyway.  What were you thinking?”  He’s being very civil for some reason.  He must be the good cop, you think.  It’s probably best to make friends with him, if possible.
“I don’t know,” you say, “today has just been so crazy that I had to get away.  I didn’t know what else to do.  I still don’t know.”
The cop turns around to face you as he pulls into the station lot, “I’ll level with you; they don’t have much on you.  Just being found with Steven today, and that doesn’t mean much.  Stay calm, be polite, and you might just get outta here without much more than a few fines.” He smiles a really friendly smile, but you’re pretty sure it’s fake.  You fakely smile back and he shrugs.  He lets you out of the car and brings you into the station, gently using your cuffed hands as a leash.